Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Family is the most important thing in the world." Princess Diana





WOW... just one word to sum up a great, entertaining, interesting, fun, scary, exciting, loud, busy, and messy evening.









We had our 2012 Easter Family Fun Night Celebration this evening at my house. There were lots of people, loads of food and some funny new memories. Oh and some very messy children that totally don't get that whole it's clean leave it that way thing. J






There were so many funny kid moments that I couldn't possibly write them all down - let's just say I look over at my sister-in-law holding her youngest grand-daughter and grand-son in her arms and her tiny sweet looking grand-daughter suddenly balls up her hand into a fist and smokes my great-nephew in the jaw. No reaction by any of the three involved, just another D and C moment. J Oh and did I mention the mess, kidding. They're cute and their parents do a so so job of cleaning up after them. J



Ours looked way better, but no photo

All and all a very nice evening, and although a lot of work, I had loads of help!!!! - you know who you are! We had the biggest turkey ever, ham, two pots full of potatoes, yummy gravy, turnips (gross), sweet potatoes (gross), broccoli, peas, buns all followed up by some tasty cupcakes (of which I have a few extra that I should go and eat one right now) and loads of chocolate - hellz ya an awesome dinner...



There were about 18 people, some of which were the little ones mentioned earlier... I believe four generations were represented. I hope people had fun, as except for the 'boys' playing video games down stairs, we didn't play games at this Family Fun Night. I think there was some good visiting going on. It's nice to be able to catch up on people's lives. Its sad how little we all get together, of course during all the chaos to some it may seem we get together too often. J I am of the feeling/belief that it is not often enough. The time we are together, also seems so fleeting. The stress of preparing for the event seems much longer than the event itself. I guess I wish there were more special occasions/holidays that 'force' us to get together, perhaps not always such a crazy huge meal J - but just time together. Embrace the chaos, the noise of family, the quiet sarcasm, the unsolicited advice - just stop and take in the laughter, the tears, the giggles, the screams, the smiles. Life seems so momentary, we need to force ourselves to make the time to forge memories, for us, our kids, our parents, everyone. I realise life isn't a bowl of cherries, but life throws enough shit at us, why not all work together to enjoy what you can.





Did I mention the mess - yes I need to clean up again, ugh J







LOL




Oh and someone - not mentioning any names - left a stack of evil propaganda on my coffee table aka AVON catalogues... J









Here is to creating more happy memories - let the planning for the next family gathering begin!!!





Talk to y'all tomorrow...



2 comments:

  1. Next time skip the floor washing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time!!! Too bad the big kids downstairs missed all of the fun that was happening upstairs. They missed out on all of the entertainment/action of the little ones. When we move to our new country I will truly miss these family get togethers!!!!

    Thanks for hosting a fantastic evening!!! The company, food and entertainment were outstanding. It was nice to visit and catch up instead of playing games.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete