Monday, February 6, 2012

Blogging 101 – do not start a daily blog when your life is less than interesting :)


So I have all these big dreams that include using this blog as a means of therapy, advocating for this (relatively) new safe rTMS treatment, informing people about Bipolar, and just being able to share with the world; but I am just not an interesting person. The therapy although super effective, is very boring. And I don’t think I am really able to show you with written words the change in me.

How do you explain the blackness I have lived in almost my entire life, and now the clarity with which I am really starting enjoy. I kind of wish I had included a video blog or two, but I am not too thrilled with having my mug in print let alone video – ask me in a few months when I have shed the 500 extra pounds I have, and replaced it with some toned muscles…

Perhaps then I (we) can start a new chapter in my life journey, and get me a girl friend. To help you prepare for this adventure I will include here some examples of what I am looking for, just in case you want to get a head start on the search. Now remember these are only examples the real thing only needs to be close in resemblance. She also needs to be funny and smart, she should love reading everything I write, she should be patient and kind, she should love to cook, she should love my terrible sense of humour, she should love to cuddle, and obviously she should love sex… just saying






























On a serious note: I need to figure out how to get the word out to the world about rTMS, and ensure the treatments are covered by government healthcare in countries where that exists, and by HMOs, etc in places where there are no government programs. Right now pretty much the only place you can get it for free is in Ponoka, Alberta, Canada, but only if you are a resident of Alberta. If you know of any other places please let me know, I am only familiar with pay per treatment clinics in Canada and the USA. And I am not sure if you know this little fact or not, but for the most part people suffering from this illness and major depression are not always the most affluent people… the disease has a way of robbing you of your earning potential.

Oh I almost forgot my pdoc put me on Olanzapine, to see if it will help me with sleep. He is very concerned that the lack of sleep is going to hurt the success we have been having with the treatments, but he is also wondering if we get me healthy for a longer period of time if my sleeping will get better on its own. Time will tell I guess.

Talk to y’all tomorrow…


No comments:

Post a Comment