Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Well rTMS treatment #17 – shite, time is flying by…


The treatment went well, which thankfully has been the trend since the start of this procedure. I had some fun bantering with my doctor and the nurse/doctor that has been giving the majority of my treatments. They both have a great sense of humour (they get my sarcastic humor).

So that strange feeling I have been having is still happening, the sort of up, down, sideways, here and there, but thankfully it is different than the deep dark hole. Today right after the treatment, I had a really strange moment. When I was leaving my pdocs office, I realized I had a smile on my face for no apparent reason, and it was plastered there for a good little bit… hmmmm 
 

I am looking forward to more ‘good’ changes, and for them to hopefully stick…. 3 more treatments!!!!!


I actually started the day by going to my family doctor. The appointment was regarding my blood pressure. My pdoc has been taking my blood pressure before and after each treatment and the readings have been a constant high 138 to 144 over 87 to 96, so I went for a checkup. My family doctor was very happy with my blood pressure, and he is not sure why the discrepancy between their findings and his.  My fam doc took it manually like my pdoc and the reading was something like 127 over 84, then he hooked me up to a machine that took my pressure 5 or 6 times (once every 2 mins) and it was from 119/82 – 127/88 = with an avg of 127/84… Perfect!



However, he is sending me for a battery of other tests, since I haven’t had a physical in a long while – blood tests, urine, poop, EKG, even a prostate test (yippy ). 



Ouch



My family doctor was very thorough this morning. Let’s just say I got the great honour of starting the day with my doctor’s finger in an uncomfortable part of my anatomy. (I am not talking about my ear)…







Oh right, I mentioned yesterday that I would talk about SEX – well I had it once or twice many years ago, really liked, and would love to have it again sometime ;)





Talk to y’all tomorrow…

1 comment: