Tuesday, March 20, 2012

As GLC says, "Guns don't kill people rappers do"...


So I had my rTMS treatment finally after 12 days. My pdoc and his associate learned a lot at their Harvard course, including a different protocol. Harvard used a faster pulse rate, with less trains but equals more pulses. It felt so strange. Generally when I get the treatment my left eyebrow twitches with each pulse, now with the pulses going so quickly the entire left side of my face pulled up for the full duration of the train. Like I said it was such a strange feeling. I haven't noticed any lift to my darkness, but I am extremely tired. I go back on Thursday, at which time my pdoc said we will see how I made out from this treatment to determine if he will give me another one on Thursday or get me to wait until Monday... I vote for treatments on both days, but I guess I am getting greedy.


My son and I had a wonderful dinner with some very caring family members this evening. There was great food, great conversation, and some pint size entertainment. It was so nice to get out of the house, and do something different. It was also very nice to reconnect with people that I just haven't connected with for a very long time, and we had them all to ourselves. There is so much love out there, I really need to work on my ability to embrace it!!!


In answer to Debbie's Comment of yesterday (sorry for the delay): If only Alberta Health provided coverage for therapy....... or I was rich, or my one stop clinic was real... I contacted Alberta Mental Health and was told the same old story - their answer for free or low cost therapy is Calgary Counseling or the Bipolar Clinic. As you may know Calgary Counseling only provides student therapists whom of which are temporary, and still 'learning'. I have tried them, not very impressive and it's downtown. The Bipolar Clinic is run by an idiot, and I went through their program when it was called the Mood Clinic. So ya... I know you mentioned the place you went, but I think you said you need to use their shrink - and for many obvious reasons I am not planning a shrink change anytime soon... But yes I agree therapy would be a nice and necessary add-on...  

Talk to y'all tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment