Monday, March 26, 2012

A day full of doctors and back pain...


I started the day in moderate pain. Slowly dragging my ass out of bed later than planned, but I kept thinking what is the point of getting out of bed when I will just go from laying in bed to laying on the couch (laying down is the only way to relieve the pain)... But I did it, I got up and called my pdoc's office to see if I could book a treatment for tomorrow.  I had to leave a message and wait. I tried to decide if I should shower now or later or never... While planning I received a call back from the doctor/nurse that normally gives the treatments, she was wondering if I could come in today. I told her I couldn't as I had a family doctor appointment. Then as we were speaking, and tomorrow wasn't looking good for them, I said well if I get ready quickly perhaps I could do both (it was 12:30pm and my fam doc appointment was at 2pm)... I hauled butt, got ready and headed to my pdoc, (it's been a week since my last treatment).

I got the treatment, with the new parameters, which feels so strange. Had a little chat with my pdoc - bringing him up to date on my back situation, and use of painkillers. We also discussed the change to once per week treatments, I was able to convince him to give me two this week and then shift to once per week next week. I just wanted to try two treatments at the new parameters... With that done I dragged my sore back to my next appointment.

I was barely able to get out of the treatment chair at my pdocs, and then almost couldn't get into my car.

I arrived on time to the fam doc, but then had to get out of my car - it was close to not happening, but I did it... then I got to wait - there was only two of us in the waiting room, but still I had to wait and wait and wait. My back screamed at me to lie down, but I waited. When I did see the doc filling in for my soon to be former family doctor he was very helpful. He put the request in for an MRI. He also was going to send in a referral letter to my surgeon. I am not sure the wait time for either, but at least the process has begun. He also gave me some anti-inflammatory medication samples to tide me over until AISH can decide if they will cover that medication. He also filled out a form for me to apply for a temporary Disabled Parking Permit. I left there somewhat satisfied, and barely able to walk.
 
I then struggled into my car, and headed to get some much needed gas. I usually pay by debit when buying gas, but chose to pay by credit card so as not to have to get out of the car. Then I headed to the AMA to get my parking permit. After a lengthy struggle to free myself from my car, a long painful walk and short painful wait in line, followed by the payment of 9 dollars found me heading back to my car permit in hand. Again I struggled to get in my car with even more difficulty. I am not sure if it was the pain or the rTMS treatment but I felt very dizzy and a little nauseous (which I noticed started while I was waiting to see my family doctor). I drove home way too fast, but the pain was insane. I made it home, and struggled out of the car, and took a very slow painful walk to the door. I went directly to lie down!!!
 
I really am done with this pain thing, but I know the wait will be a long one - lucky for me we don't have a two tier medical system. Oh wait we do, if I had $800 I could get an MRI tomorrow - just saying...


Talk to y'all tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment