Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A beautiful sunny day - for the most part...


Once again I couldn't get out of bed. Possibly due to several reasons; I reduced my Zopilclone from 15 to 11.25mgs, and I increased my melatonin from 10 to 20mg, but forgot to take it until 11pm both making it impossible to fall asleep. Then making matters worse, I took the other half of my Zopiclone pill about 4am. - All and all making the morning a groggy mess... I finally forced myself out of bed around 12:30pm - another morning ruined.


I got up showered, and had my usual toast and coffee breakfast at lunch - plus the new fish pills. Which were fine, huge, but no fish burps as I followed the nurse/doctor's advice and froze the pills. With all that done I sat on the couch thinking what next??? So I grabbed my book and headed for the balcony. The window of opportunity for sunshine on the balcony is limited, as it is on the west side of the house, and there are 4 or more giant fir trees right in front of it. Anyway, the dog and I hung out there for a bit - but that became a bit chilly every time the sun was lost behind a tree or a cloud. So we came inside. Now what??? - is all I could think... Do something, don't waste the day completely.


What it should look like
So I grabbed my headphones and my cell phone and headed to the park. It's too bad, I mean I'm sure it will be awesome when it's finished, but they are cutting down tons of trees, ripping out the mini-golf, they have blocked off a huge part of the river pathway, and they have yet to refill the lagoon as they are building a temp road so they can repair or replace the existing bridge - and to make it worse the sign says the project isn't to be completed until 2015... Here is a link to what they are planning Bowness Park Redevelopment Project



Anyway, I put on my earphones, cranked up the tunes and started walking a path that led away from the construction. It was a nice 30 or so minute walk. Though I must say frustrating as hell - I hate being alone with my thoughts, and music is not a distraction. I just got back to my car, when we got a little sprinkling of rain.




When I pulled up to the house, a Mr. And Mrs. Duck were waddling across the street towards my house. They partook in a lovely snack under my neighbors tree, while a squirrel was trying, like me, to figure out why they were here, the river isn't that close. I'm thinking the lack of water in the lagoon isn't helping the poor ducks...



I bought a Brita water bottle yesterday, on our Wal-Mart journey. I am hoping it will help me lose weight. My son has lost probably 30 to 40 pounds - since his continual use of his water bottle. Of course he also does a lot of walking to and from the bus and train, as well as playing drums, but he has also been drinking lots, and lots of water - which I think has him eating less too.  I personally hate water, but it tastes fine from the filtered bottle, and it's convenient. I have, at start of writing this, drunk one full bottle - more water than I have drank in years... I just hope it helps.








Then this evening the skies darkened, and boom one big thunder clap and the rain began to fall, and fall, and fall... It should be pretty green tomorrow, hopefully a lot of sunshine.








Talk to y'all tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment