Friday, April 20, 2012

Pretty darn good day...

So, as I mentioned yesterday I was so excited to have a second rTMS treatment this week, which I did today. I was so pumped. I had a little slow start to the day, as I decided to change the alarm and get a bit more sleep. However, it wasn't all bad, as I felt much better with the extra sleep. I was charged and ready for the treatment. And I was not disappointed. I had a great talk with my pdoc, and the doc/nurse that usually does the treatments. We joked around, and they used me as a guinea-pig for this new attachment to the machine they bought that helps better read your motor threshold, so that was fun. They also let me know they were doing some photos and a video for their website, and wondered if I wanted to participate. They said I could star in and direct. J I said hellz ya I am in! I also offered that if new patients were nervous and wanted to watch it in action, I was OK with them watching me get a treatment. I also offered to do the same if another doctor was interested in observing. Why not - let's help as many people as possible...






After my treatment I went and voted in our provincial election - I am so hoping my candidate and her party win. (That is all I will say on politics)...






I did NOT take this pic, but we did see several

Then I picked up my son, and we went down to Bowness Park, a beautiful giant park near our home. It was pretty empty, which was nice, but there is also a lot of construction/upgrading going on that I found a little distracting. But still awesome to just hang out in the sunshine with my son!!!! I just love the sunshine - would so love to be on a secluded beach, sun, sand, and surf...






Then home for some down time - I made us some smoothies to refresh us from the walk. Then my son went his way, downstairs to chat online with friends, and I upstairs trying to figure out what to do next.  After some veging in front of the TV, combined with a little Facebooking, I decided to make supper. So I fired up the bbq, and we had steak, baked potatoes, fresh steamed broccoli, and fried mushrooms - very yummy...



After supper my son and I played Rockband with one of his friends on Xbox. It was a lot of fun, except for some of the critiquing of my singing - he can be a real Simon Cowell. J It was nice to spend so much time with my son today, very nice.






Mood has been holding nicely all day, felt really good a couple of hours after the treatment, but then that calmed down to feeling pretty good - which is nice... I do enjoy my rTMS treatments, and their magic. I still don't have plans for tomorrow yet, I am not going to panic. I just want to find something that doesn't include too many people, which I realise will probably be impossible on a Saturday. I will just have to keep working on it... My plan is to have a good weekend, whatever that looks like.






Well I think to end this pretty good day I will either watch a movie or some of my PVR'd shows before bed.

Talk to y'all tomorrow...




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try and see mom tomorrow for a wee bit. I haven't driven since my accident and I find it hard to sit for long sooo. But I am going to take pictures during our home inspection and I thought I would bring them over to show her. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow if you can come to mom's when I am there.

    ReplyDelete