Thursday, April 12, 2012

A day full of smiles and cotton candy.... No not really.



So I had a rough start to the day, not rough mood wise just super fricken tired and decided to stay in bed... and in bed I stayed. I think it was about 1PM or so when I finally dragged my ass out of bed. I wish I could say I was sleeping that whole time, but no just kind of in and out of sleep. I kind of just didn't want to face the day - not sure why.



Then I had a small brunch of a piece of toast and a coffee, followed by a shower. When I put the dog out I noticed how nice it was outside, and I looked at the dead leaves along the walkway at the side of the house for the millionth time and figured "dude you have got to clean that up - screw your back) - so I raked them up. Of course I must admit that they are still in a pile in the back, as I couldn't do the bend pick up dance after I did the raking. I will have to 'hopefully' get some help from my son to finish the clean up. Anyway, the side walkway looks lovely...


Then I came in the house, and felt pretty good for accomplishing something (albeit small). I decided to bring my laptop into the living room, and type out the script I wrote yesterday. With that done, I kept thinking of the other short film ideas I had. Then my son borrowed the computer, and I figured that was that - but then I went old school again and grabbed a pad of paper and my trusty pencil and went to town on another script. When it was done, I was like this is so awesome 2 scripts in two days. I sat there for a bit. I kept looking at the TV remote thinking I could watch a show, then back to the pad of paper on top of which sat the sheet I wrote down the three script ideas I had. Then all of a sudden I had the pad of paper and was working on the third script. It was slow to start, but then it started to flow. Like I mentioned on Facebook they could all be crap, but at least I actually did it. They are very short, and after doing some web surfing and asking a friend, they may be too short for the ten minutes I am hoping for, but that is what rewrites are for. I can always add some more story if needed. A First Draft is just that a FIRST DRAFT... Trying to create these short films is actually a great learning tool, having such a small window to tell a whole story. I guess time will tell if they are any good, once I get the guts up to let my Producer friend read them.



Mood... well most of the day it was pretty good, especially with accomplishing so much, but then I started to doubt the stories, my writing skills (or lack thereof), then basically crashed thinking that the scripts really aren't done cause they are too short and perhaps will never become anything. BOOM, night ruined. Moral to that story - why bother trying... No really the moral is, don't let Dan over think everything...


Enough Dan genius for the night folks!

Talk to y'all tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment