Thursday, April 5, 2012

To-Wit-To-Woo To-Wit-To-Wee have a read then take a pee...





Hello great and powerful world... I had a pretty good day. It started early with helping a friend, then a nice lunch with my son. Spent a little time cleaning, and then took a 'back break' on the couch. We ended the evening at my sons drum lessons.





So I must admit my mood has been pretty good. I, once again, didn't get any writing done, but like I said I did some cleaning so the day wasn't a complete waste. I still have quite a few things to clean, but I am on track to having it all done for Saturday (knock on wood or some other superstitious tradition). No I am pretty confidant all will get done, although I must admit I am 'hoping' that I can sleep-in tomorrow. Pathetic I know, but I think I will do the two sleeping pills again and this time have no alarm clock set to ruin any sleep that I am granted. Oh how amazing it would be to get some sound sleep. The double dose of Zopiclone even masks the pain, but I know I can't do two for too many nights or it to will become less effective. Sleep how I miss you. Although we never really met, I still think I love you. J  





Obviously observing these past couple of days, excluding the back issue, keeping busy is very helpful towards being in a happier place. The back is hampering what that can look like, as is the anxiety and lack of motivation; but perhaps baby steps...





I have really started to notice what a huge part anxiety plays in my life ever since I started the daily mood diary. I mean I knew it was there, but just didn't realize how prevalent. I wonder, how does fear/anxiety play in other people's lives. For example the other day we were going to the dentist for a teeth cleaning, I was not afraid of the dentist, the work, the cleaning, etc. But I was afraid of going, I was afraid of having to talk to the people, I was terrified of checking in with the receptionist, I was freaking out that there would be other people in the waiting room... I was so scared I thought up and rehearsed a script over and over again hoping to appear OK/normal/perfect. I spend a lot of time doing that, including grocery shopping, getting gas, going to someone's house, having people over, anything that involves people. Until the mood diary I just really didn't notice myself doing it, it just happens automatically. No wonder my stomach is so screwed up, as I am tense 98% of the time.




Another tidbit of a nitwit... Oh what a dark and stormy place, Dan's mind. I hope you enjoyed your visit, please come again and often (that's what she said)... J





Talk to y'all tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment